Metal Roof Recovery – the best way and less costly
There are many methods on salvaging a metal roof that has gone past its life cycle. Most ideas are to spray a coating over a metal roof. When you look and listen to all the coating manufacturers, they all claim to do a good job. From our experiences, we have not found any coating that can last a long time. When applied they all look good, it’s like new painting in a building. but that’s all it is.
We have developed a method that we have to learn from doing flat roof installation. The idea is to install a rubber membrane directly to the metal. On all our roofs, the biggest challenge is to attach the rubber to the flashing. over the years we have come up with a proven method and we have applied that principle to metal roof recovery.
This method of ours works so well for several reasons.
- We use a petroleum based sealer and adhesive.
- The metal can be rusty and dirty, the tar will stick and seal all of that.
- It’s less expensive than silicone or epoxy coatings.
- After we applied our sealant/ adhesive, we add a rubber membrane over that sealant that adheres to the sealant.
- The membrane gives added strength and protection against UV’s.
- The membrane also can take the expansion and contraction of the metal.
Watch this video and see how we do it.